Policy of the magazine
The legal basis for ensuring publication ethics is international standards: provisions adopted at the 2nd World Conference on the Integrity of Scientific Research (Singapore, July 22-24, 2010); provisions developed by the Committee on the Ethics of Scientific Publications (The Committee on Publication Ethics - COPE) and the norms of Chapter 70 “Copyright” of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation.
Edition "MINERALOGY" guarantees compliance with:
- ethics of publishing scientific publications;
- ethics of authorship of scientific publications;
- the ethics of reviewing scientific publications;
- ethics of editing scientific publications.
The policy of the editorial board of the journal is based on respect for the personal rights of the author and intellectual property rights. The editorial board of the journal guarantees an independent and conscientious review of all submitted manuscripts of articles, regardless of the national or religious affiliation of the authors, their official position, commercial interests and relations with the Founders of the journal. All materials published in the journal are royalty free. The fee for their publication is also not charged to the authors.
Materials that are in violation of the rules presented here, including technical ones, are returned without consideration. The journal does not publish articles containing generalizations and assumptions that do not directly follow from the published original factual material; articles serial and representing separate stages of research, containing material, explicitly divided into several consecutive publications; articles about ordinary research, not of interest to the journal. The editorial board also does not accept popular scientific materials for publication, as well as the materials of research by authors who have no affiliation with a scientific or research-and-production organization that conducted their examination.
Authors should avoid fabrication and falsification of data, plagiarism in scientific texts, simultaneous submission of materials from one article to several journals, duplication of publications, and non-observance of authors ’copyrights. In case of violation of these rules, the journal reserves the right not to accept further manuscripts for authorship of those who violated them.
The procedure for reviewing manuscripts of scientific articles,
received by the editors
Scientific manuscripts and articles received by the editors of the journal Mineralogy are subject to mandatory review. Manuscripts are sent according to the profile of scientific research for review by members of the editorial board or expert experts.
1. The review does not involve specialists working in the same research institution where the work was done.
2. The review is confidential, i.e. the authors of the articles are not informed of the last name of the reviewer (unless the reviewer asks for this to establish contact with the author, or in the case of the reviewer's statement about the unreliability or falsification of the materials presented in the article). The author of the reviewed work is given the opportunity to get acquainted with the text of the review.
3. If the review of the article indicates the need for its correction, the article is sent to the author for revision. Articles refined by the author in accordance with the comments of the reviewer are sent for re-reviewing.
4. If the article is rejected from publication in the journal, the author is sent a reasoned refusal in written (electronic) form and the text of the review.
5. In case of disagreement with the opinion of the reviewer, the author of the article has the right to provide a reasoned answer to the editors of the journal. The article can be sent for re-reviewing or for approval to the editorial board. The final decision on the expediency of publishing the article after reviewing is made by the chief editor of the journal.
6. Authors of articles are sent copies of reviews. The originals are kept in the journal’s editorial office for five years from the date of publication of the articles and, upon request, are submitted to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
Requirements for the content and design reviews
The task of reviewing is to promote the strict selection of author's manuscripts for publication and to offer specific recommendations for their improvement. The review should objectively evaluate a scientific article and contain a comprehensive analysis of its scientific and methodological advantages and disadvantages. The scope of the review is determined by the reviewer, and its content should contain all the necessary and objective information. The reviewer reviews the article for no more than 2 weeks from the day the article was received.
A review of the submitted article should reflect:
- Compliance with the topics of the journal and the relevance of the topic
- availability of scientific novelty, theoretical and practical significance of the work;
- evaluation of the main research results;
- the quality of the use of regulatory legal acts, literary and other sources;
- quality design work.
The complex of these issues is of a general nature. Each specific article requires an individual approach to the selection of criteria for its evaluation.
In the final part of the review, based on the analysis of the article, a clear recommendation should be given about its publication as presented, or about the need for its revision or processing (with constructive comments), or about the inexpediency of publishing the article in this journal.